CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

organizing my photos for this project

I thought that I'd share real fast how I'm keeping my photos organized for this project. I have a digital camera so every day I upload my daily photo to my computer. I have my folders set up like this:

  • My Pictures folder
  • in My Pictures I have a "Project 365" folder
  • in the "Project 365" folder I have a "January" folder
  • in the January folder I have "365" folder and a "Blog" folder- this is where I have the photos saved.
I will have a folder in the "Project 365" for every month and in each month I will have a "365" folder and a "Blog" folder. In the "365" folder I have the edited photo from each day labeled by the day of the month and day of the week (Jan1, Jan2, etc.) and in the "Blog" folder each photo is labeled: Jan1_72, Jan2_72, etc. I did it this way because I have resized all of the photos that I'm posting on my blog to 72 pixels for better web viewing and also sized them down to 5x7 inches to help keep the file sizes down.

So that's how I have things on my computer and it seems to be working well for me. I also have the each photo saved in a corresponding folder for the month/year under the My Pictures folder as well.

I hope this explains (as well as I can) how I have my photos organized on my computer for this project!

God Bless!
di

0 comments: